The Friends of Baycourt are an incorporated society which formed to assist Baycourt Community Arts Centre in its endeavour to support the cultural development of the Tauranga community.
They formed in 1984 from the community group that lobbied for Baycourt Community and Arts Centre to be built and became an incorporated society in 1989.
Since its inception Friends of Baycourt has donated over $192,000 worth of equipment to Baycourt Community and Arts Centre.
Those lucky enough to live in Tauranga are fortunate to have a facility such as Baycourt. It’s not just a beautiful building but an institution which brings to the people of this area a richness of interest and activity in the arts which those who live at a distance from main centres much appreciate.
Benefits of Membership
As well as assisting the Friends of Baycourt committee in its work to foster interest and support in this wonderful community facility, your annual subscription also gives you the following benefits:
- Newsletters: you will receive a monthly newsletter advising you of upcoming events. It provides you with details of programmes, events and social functions that are exclusive to members.
- Preferential bookings: you will receive advanced notification and early booking options to some shows.
- Discounted Tickets: you will be entitled to special Friends of Baycourt prices to many shows. You are also entitled to discounted Rialto movie theatre tickets.
- Membership Functions: you will be invited to exclusive member only events.
Annual Membership Fees
$20 per single, $35 per double and $50 per family.
Please fill out and post the Friends of Baycourt application form (1.02mb pdf) to:
Friends of Baycourt,
PO Box 14070,
OR email: email@example.com
Friends of Baycourt exists to support Baycourt in a variety of ways, and one of these is to foster and encourage students who intend to pursue a career in some aspect of the performing arts.
To support this vision, Friends of Baycourt awards an Annual Performing Arts Youth Scholarship to a secondary school student of 16 years or over who resides in Tauranga or the Western Bay of Plenty and intends to enter Tertiary Education in his or her chosen field of the performing arts in the preceding year.
This year the winner of the award will receive $2000. The award for the runner-up will be $1000. Results will be announced in December.
Friends of Baycourt Performing Arts Youth Scholarship (7mb pdf)
The Friends of Baycourt Annual Performing Arts Youth Scholarship 2017 winners are:
- Overall winner is Teagan Wilson - $3000
- First runner-up is Danielle Sigley - $2000
- Second runner-up is Darrel Nitschke - $1000.
Last Reviewed: 31/10/2018