This year Baycourt is running an entertainment technology training programme. This is for secondary school students interested in various elements of behind the scenes activities for shows and events, including sound, lighting, AV and stage mechanics.
- A year 9-13 student?
- Interested in any aspect of event and theatre technology
- Good with numbers, physically fit and good at learning in both classroom and on-site environments?
- Work well in a team?
- Enjoy problem solving, making things go, using lighting, sound and AV equipment, and being physically active whilst setting up equipment?
Then we want you to apply
This training scheme is designed to develop the skill sets of school age technicians that will assist you to gain part time employment in the entertainment industry. It will provide both theory and practical training and entertainment technology experiences. As well as opportunities for school age technicians from the 11 different schools to interact and understand the technical offerings at other schools and environments.
There will be two separate streams, years 9-10 and years 11-13. Each group will meet once a month for approximately 3 hours. Often the meetings will be held on weekends or evenings (not during school time) but will adjust to the events that are on at Baycourt throughout the training programme. Approximately 50% of the meetings will be held at Baycourt with the others being off site at other venues or schools.
How to apply
Please note applications closed on the 16 March 2020
- Tauranga teen tech brochure (637kb pdf)
- Tauranga teen tech application form (86kb pdf)
- Tauranga teen tech application form (23kb docx)
In your form you should include:
- Why being included in the Tauranga Teen Tech Programme would be good for you and any previous technical experience and competence
- Demonstrable passion/interest for the entertainment industry or technology in general
- Detail of any groups you are involved with that you would be able to share your learnings with, e.g. other students at school or church
- Any references from school/church/other groups which support your application
For more information please contact Baycourt Technical Manager Dale Henderson email@example.com or call 07 5777 000 ext 7878
Last Reviewed: 17/03/2020